Monday, April 20, 2015

Declutter Game Challenge - Day #20: Sorority, Service, Seniors!

Hey, hey frugalicious ones!!

Back to report on my Declutter Game Challenge - Day #20!! I already knew what day #20 would be when I first started this challenge. Every April, my sorority has a Regional Conference and the region collectively donates to a worth cause in the community where the convention in held. Each chapter is awarded Community Service points for participating in the effort and this year is no exception.

This year's conference is in the Chicago area (I LOVE Chicago). We need at least 20 items to get credit for our chapter, so I donated 20 items to this community service project from my couponing stockpile. This will be my chapter's contribution to the cause and my way of showing sisterhood, since I am unable to attend this year.

The worthy recipients of these items, as well as other items from chapters in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, & Wisconsin are the following:

  • Pillar Social Service Organization (For Women)
  • Featherfist Transitional Living (For Men)
  • Vivian Carter Senior Housing Facility (For Seniors)
My chapter's contributions will be going to the Senior Housing Facility, in line with our commitment to Senior Care this year.

I'm honored to be able to be a blessing to others, especially though my couponing efforts. Let this be a reminder, no matter what you have, be it a little or a lot, you always have enough to give to someone else. I'm giving to declutter, but I know I'll be blessed one hundred fold. Go out and be a blessing today!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment