Monday, April 16, 2012

GIVE & GET Week - Day 6 & 7 - Weekend Round Up!!

Saturday was the most awesome GIVE & GET day yet!! What a great day!! The happenings of this day helped confirm again that the more you give, the more you get...not that it should be the reason that we give, but seriously it's just the law. It's the Law of Karma and outlined in Luke 6:38. Let's read from the Contemporary English Version shall we?

""If you give to others, you will be given a full amount in return. It will be packed down, shaken together, and spilling over into your lap. The way you treat others is the way you will be treated."

I may have to do this list style...first my...
GIVE List
- gave my Mom a ride to salon (I do this monthly - Honor your father and mother; your days will be long!!)
- gave away items I was selling to my neighbor and friend
- gave away a hair product I was no longer using - a funny thing about giving...the opportunity ALWAYS arises for you!! When I arrived at a Natural Hair event, I told the host I wanted to donate it. There was a woman there who wanted to try that exact same product. What a match AND it was great meeting her too!!

GET List
- took a free Tai Chi class
- got free items at Kroger (coupons) and an apology from an almost rude cashier
- got an offer to be a hair model for big Natural hair event next month
- got a great deal of encouragement from other dreamers who see big things in me (that is PRICELESS)

Then on Sunday, it seemed like God was just showing out and giving me abundance!! With the exception of giving my offering (which was a sacrifice), I couldn't seem to give anything else...as much as I tried. First, the Word seemed like it was just for me (doesn't it seem to happen like that when you really "need" a word?) and I was encouraged beyond belief!!

Then, I was offered a couple of favors, I was invited to dinner and something I was seeking clarity on really became clear to me. Wow, I just can't even express how good I'm feeling. I promise you it's not about what you see right now because great things are your way!!

Overall, life is good, no matter what we all have going on. If you woke up on this side of the dirt, you have always have an opportunity to give!! It really is true...the more you give, the more you get, so much so you can no longer keep track (I believe that's what they call your cup runneth-ing over). Enjoy your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment