Sunday, December 25, 2011

This Season's Frugalicious Things!!

Hey Frugalicious folks!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! It has indeed been a great holiday season, especially since I learned NOT to stress over Christmas!! I give all year long and try to show my friends and family I love them consistently, not just during the holiday. I prefer my relationships be based on love, not material things. However, it is fun to see people smile after receiving something they really wanted!! So, I'm not opposed to Christmas; I love the family aspect and always want to share the true meaning of the season; gratitude!!

I wanted to share some of the frugal things I did this year!! It's so exciting to save money!!
  • Only purchased gifts for immediate family and my yearly gift exchange Secret Pal
  • Used coupons or in-store discounts to purchase ALL gifts
  • Combined funds with other family members to keep costs low on group gifts
  • Gave out Christmas cards we purchased (on discount) last year
  • Did not purchase any tape for wrapping gifts - over the years we've collected a quite a few dispensers
  • Cooked one large item for the larger family (about 50 people) - EVERY year we potluck
  • Baked cookies for Christmas parties, in an effort to use the abundance of peanut butter we have
  • Used leftover wrapping paper from last year and used the rolls with less paper first, as not to waste
  • Reused boxes and tissue paper
  • Made own bows and name tags for gifts using the leftover scraps of wrapping paper. See my tutorial here: Wrapping Paper Bows

What did you do that was frugal this year? Email me at FrugaliciousDiva@yahoo.com and we'll tweet your frugalicious-ness to the world!!

P.S. Have a cookie with me!! They're homemade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment