Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - October 2012

November is Gratitude Month and I'll be participating with my good online friend Discount Diva. Check out her blog here: Discount Diva - Day 1 Grateful.

I'm a little behind getting started, but I am indeed very grateful for another chance...in life, in business, in love. I'm using my Good, Bad and Ugly post as my first three days of this gratitude celebration!! As you'll notice, my good list greatly outweighs the bad. Enjoy!!


Good
- cooked, took my lunch and ate lots of leftovers
- taught a coupon class at the NW Ohio Natural Hair Expo
used coupons, got lots of free items and took advantage of the Betty Crocker $5 catalina offers
- earned points to save on gas at Kroger and Giant Eagle
- donated and rallied to raise money for a friend who lost everything in the hurricane
- donated items and used coupons to get items for charity organizations via my sorority
- paid off library fines and added money to EF
- received freebies and coupons in the mail
continued to save to mutual fund via auto savings draft
- paid my sorority dues
- found out my temp job time was extended!! Thank you Jesus!!
 
Bad
- did not use my budget sheet all month
 
Ugly
- NOT A THING
 
GOALS for October
- complete bathroom project
- start putting money away for cruise, and possible Hong Kong and Italy trips
- work on some additional hustles

October was better than September emotionally, but I'm still not happy. However, I heard a Word and it was that it's not always about me. I have vowed to "give myself away" and set out to be a blessing to someone every single day. Even though I'm not where I want to be, I am blessed. Because I am, I am always in a position to bless others, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. I know God will restore my joy (after all Latisha does mean joyful) and I'm pushing to get focused and serious about what I really want. No more time or room for complaining, just moving on along.

I'm looking forward to what is next!! I am grateful and blessed!!

How was your October?

No comments:

Post a Comment